KTO Rewards Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Last updated: 22/08/2022
The following terms and conditions apply to and govern the Know the Origin rewards Programme promoted and operated by Know the Origin.
2. Once an account has been created you will become a member ("Member"). Change of either postal address or e-mail address must be notified to us. We may refuse an application for any good reason. Members will be able to update their personal details online at www.knowtheorigin.com.
3. In order to participate in the Programme and automatically accumulate points when making a qualifying online purchase when shopping online at knowtheorigin.com you will need to log into your online account prior to completing your online purchase.
4. The Programme is only for personal, household and consumer use. Points can only be earned, held, transferred or redeemed as set out in these terms and conditions, or in the terms relating to any promotions and point offers related to the Programme, and may not be earned, held, transferred, redeemed, or otherwise traded in any other way.
5. We reserve the right to suspend or to terminate your Programme account if in our sole discretion we consider that you have breached the terms and conditions, supplied false or misleading information, or acted improperly or in an abusive, defamatory, criminal, or offensive way to any other Member or to our staff.
6. You will accumulate points on your programme account when you make qualifying Know the Origin purchases at knowtheorigin.com Please note: if you check out as a Guest when making a qualifying online purchase you will NOT automatically accumulate points related to such transaction, please ensure you log into your online account prior to completing your online purchase.
7. The following terms shall apply to your accumulation and use of Know the Origin rewards:
Value: Four points accumulated for every £1 spent, 100 points are given for a like on Facebook or/and a follow on Instagram.
You will receive 250 points on your birthday on us, to celebrate. Please note, you must enter your birthday at least 30 days before the date to be rewarded.
If you refer a friend, they will receive a £5 voucher to use on the website, only after the code has been used, you will then receive 500 points, which is equal to £5 worth of points.
To redeem points, you must accumulate 500 or more points, and use the ‘Smile’ pop up which will provide you with a code that is automatically applied at checkout. Or you may accumulate points to use to gain free shipping.
8. If you are given a refund or other financial adjustment on any transaction, the points awarded on the transaction will be adjusted accordingly;
9. Points can only be applied retrospectively where sufficient evidence of a purchase is provided up to a maximum of 7 days after the purchase was made and at Know the Origin's sole discretion, where points are awarded retrospectively they will be considered to be valid from the point at which they are applied (rather than the date of purchase);
10. You can check the points balance on your Know the Origin rewards account at any time online via your online account.
11. Know the Origin rewards points cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or privilege/gift card whether issued by us or by any third party;
12. We may not credit yourKnow the Origin rewards account with the points from any given transaction until up to 5 working days after the transaction;
13. When purchasing online, points will be issued to your online account following payment.
14. The maximum points issuance per transaction cannot exceed 5000.
15. The following terms shall apply to the redemption of any points:
- You can redeem points online upon reaching the qualifying level.
- Only 1 Know the Origin rewards account can be used per transaction when redeeming points online
- Know the Origin rewards points will not be accrued for the portion of the order paid for with points
- Any refund of items purchased using points will be made by crediting the applicable amount of points back onto the account
- Points may not be redeemed for cash under any circumstances
- When purchasing online, points will be redeemed from your online account immediately at point of order confirmation
- The number of points earned from a purchase or required to qualify for a particular purchase may vary from time to time at our sole discretion.
- Points will be awarded when purchasing Gift Cards/Gift Vouchers. Points will not be awarded on Gift Card/Gift Voucher redemptions. Points cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards/Gift Vouchers.
16. Account information will only be available to Members online at knowtheorigin.com. We will correct an account if it is shown to our reasonable satisfaction to be wrong, but, unless there are clear records showing this, our decision is final.
17. Points are personal to an account and cannot be transferred or combined with another account.
18. You will also receive additional points ("Benefits") Benefits will be provided subject to availability. Benefits may be subject to additional terms and conditions and, when applicable, such terms and conditions will be made available to you from time to time in correspondence.
20. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use of points. Any points not earned and held in accordance with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
21. These terms and conditions may change and you will be deemed to have accepted the updated terms and conditions when you go online at knowtheorigin.com or when you use your points. As such we strongly encourage you to review these terms and conditions from time to time.
22. We may suspend or terminate the Programme at any time at our sole discretion and for any reason. In such an event you will be notified, and all accounts will be suspended or terminated. If Know the Origin has a change of control, is sold or if we decide to sell or transfer the Programme to another company, we may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to such other company or acquirer without any further consent and you now consent that we may disclose or transfer all information we hold about all Members including you to any prospective or actual new owner. Such a disclosure or transfer will not alter the rights of Members in respect of the use that can be made of such information by such other company or acquirer until the terms and conditions are changed by such company or acquirer.
23. The limit of our liability under these terms and conditions will be exclusively to a Member who suffers a direct loss as a result of our breach of these terms and conditions and in those circumstances our sole liability will be to credit to the relevant Member’s Programme account such points as may have been wrongly deducted or should have been credited but were not. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to limit any liability we may have for death, personal injury or fraud. These terms and conditions shall prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
24. These terms and conditions and any dispute, claim or non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter.