Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the use of our website and by using, browsing, registering or placing an order with us you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions. We will try to keep everything as clear and easy to understand as possible.
By placing an order through the website, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts
- You are placing an order as a consumer
- You are resident in one of the serviced countries
If Chief and Turtle discovers that any of the above warranties are incorrect, Chief and Turtle shall be entitled to terminate the contract between us and pursue any legal remedies that Chief and Turtle may have under the general law.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw (either temporarily or permanently) the website with or without notice and we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or withdrawal of the website.
- Change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect from the date that is indicated at the top of this page and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have read the most up to date version when using our website.
If you continue to use our website it will signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Use of our website
You must only use our website for lawful purposes, and you must not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else's enjoyment of our website.
Chief and Turtle shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials used in our website. All rights, including copyright, in our website are owned or licensed to Chief and Turtle.
If you love our website, you may use, download and print our content solely for your own personal use or internal business purposes. Other than for these purposes you may not without our prior written consent;
- Copy, reproduce, use or otherwise deal with any content on our website;
- Modify, distribute or re-post any content on the website for any purpose;
- Reproduce, crawl, frame, link to or deep-link into this website on or from any other website.
If you are a journalist and would like to request permission to use photography or other content from our website, please contact our press office email@example.com
Any personal or business information you provide us is current, true and accurate and that you will notify us of any changes by using the My Account section of our website, or by contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of our products
We are dedicated to providing you with up-to-date and accurate product information so that you get a great sense and feel for our products.
Although we aim to keep the product information as up to date as possible, it may be the case that at the point that the order is placed, some element of the product information may not exactly reflect the details of the actual product:
- The product packaging may vary from the product images on our website.
- While we try to show the accurate colour of the product on our website, differences in computer screens and monitors may mean the actual colour of the product that you receive will differ slightly from how you see it on our website. NB - Colour swatches on the product details page are used as a guide to change product colours and do not represent the actual or implied colour of the products.
- The stock position of the product as shown on the website is a guide only and the available stock position will only be confirmed at the point that the order is accepted.
In any circumstance where the actual product information varies from that displayed on our website, we reserve the right not to accept the order.
Our product pricing
Chief and Turtle is a multi-channel retailer and operates a best practice pricing strategy that attempts to ensure the consistency of pricing between all its sales channels.
However, it may be the case that a product or promotion that is available in one sales channel is not always available in all other sales channels. The full price of the order will include VAT plus any additional delivery costs where applicable.
The price of any products will be as quoted on the website at the time of your order, except in cases of obvious error.
Chief and Turtle is under no obligation to provide a product to you at an incorrect (lower) price, even after Chief and Turtle have sent you Order Confirmation if the pricing error is obvious and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
Products in time-limited sales are limited quantities only. Sale discounts may not be combined with any other promotional offer or code.
Purchasing our products
Placing an order on the Chief and Turtle website does not mean there is a contract between you and us. The order is only confirmed once we have notified you that the order has been invoiced and despatched.
For the avoidance of doubt, any such contract between you and Chief and Turtle will be deemed to have been concluded in the United Kingdom. Further, any such contract will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England, and you and Chief and Turtle irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The straightforward order process is as follows:
- Products in our main warehouse are collected and sent for dispatch according to our delivery options.
- Products we sell via a dropship partnership are processed by the dropship partner themselves and will be dispatched by them in the same time frame.
- Clicking on the 'Pay now' button in the payment screen of the checkout will submit the order for payment using your chosen payment provider.
- Once you see the order confirmation page, you will then receive an email confirming the details of each product in your order. This is not a confirmation that the order has been accepted or processed but simply that you have finished the order process.
- Once the goods are picked, packed and ready for dispatch, we will then process the payment and notify you with an email confirming that the order has been processed. A contract between you and us is in place at this point.
If for any reason, there is a problem in processing the order then we will notify you via email or telephone with the reason it could not be fulfilled. This could be for one of the following reasons:
- There was an error in how the product was described or priced on our website
- One of the products in the order is currently out of stock
- We are unable to take full payment for your order
- You did not fulfil your obligations as set out under these terms and conditions
Purchasing our products outside the UK
If you order Products from the Website for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that Chief and Turtle has no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. Chief and Turtle will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
Returns and cancelling your order
Your order can be cancelled at any point until it is packaged at the Chief and Turtle warehouse.
You can cancel your order by contacting our customer service team at email@example.com.
Please note that where all or part of an order/purchase containing a promotional discount is refunded or cancelled, the refund will be the total due less the discount given. Where all or part of an order/purchase containing a free item is refunded or cancelled, if the free item is not also returned then the refund will be the total due less the value of the free item.
Please note that when you agree to these website terms, you shall be deemed to have understood and agreed the details on our Delivery & Returns page.
In accordance with your statutory rights, you may reject any Product which does not conform to the quality, standards or description shown or that you reasonably expected. This right of rejection is in addition to any other statutory rights you may have under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 or otherwise in relation to any Product after such period of time. All such rights are expressly not excluded.
While every effort has been made to portray items accurately, variations may occur. All measurements given are approximate and the reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and publishing processes will allow. There may be variations in colours depending on the settings of individual screens.
Methods of payment
- Shopify Payments - Debit or credit card. We accept all major debit and credit cards.
- Apple pay
- Google pay
- Gift card - see below
All purchases are subject to the usual validation checks and authorisation procedures in place at your chosen payment provider. Any refusal by the payment provider to authorise the payment to us, for any reason, will not render Chief and Turtle liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Chief and Turtle gift vouchers
Chief and Turtle gift vouchers can be used as full or part payment on our UK website.
The full terms and conditions for our gift vouchers are as follows;
- Your gift voucher code can be used in full or part payment against all purchases at www.chiefandturtle.co.uk for UK orders.
- The total value of your purchases will be deducted from the balance of your gift voucher code until it reaches zero.
- Chief and Turtle does not accept responsibility for your gift voucher if it is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Your gift card remains the property of Chief and Turtle, Tiny Box Company Limited and is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card. It is not for resale and cannot be exchanged for cash or refunded.
Privacy & security policy
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent as permitted by law, Chief and Turtle is providing this website and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this website or the information, contents, materials or products included in this website including, but without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.
All disclaimers and exclusions included in these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. Should any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions be deemed to be unlawful, void or for any other reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed to be severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints, please don't hesitate to email one of our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer your query.